PROPRIETARY NAME AND DOSAGE FORM
F10 GERMICIDAL WOUND SPRAY WITH INSECTICIDE (Liquid, use as is, in 100m1 and 500 ml with trigger spray)
Act 36/1947 — G3818. VMD Schedule 6 SAES: GMP M7586 WDA 32613 and FDA MUMS Index, MIF-900-010.
|Non-toxic ampholytic surfactants and sequesterants||7.069/100m1|
A topical application spot treatment spray for wounds as an antiseptic and barrier to re-infection and to repel flies and eliminate infestation due to fly strike.
In wide ranging field trials covering a wide variety of animal, bird and reptile species the product has demonstrated good healing and antimicrobial action while at the same time was shown to be effective against a variety of insects. Long residual effectiveness was also demonstrated across the disinfecting and insecticidal spectrums. The product is water soluble and can be rinsed clear with water.
The antimicrobial action of the product is based upon core actives of the F10 compound as used in other F10 antiseptic and disinfectant products. At the concentrations in this product, the efficacy achieved is
log’ reduction in microbial counts against gram positive and gram negative bacteria, as well as fungi, yeast and moulds. F10 has proven virucidal effectiveness against both enveloped and non-enveloped viruses.
The insecticidal action is based upon cypermethrin (a pyrethroid) and
aided by piperonyl butoxide. In the testing phases the indicator species used was Lucilia cuprina, a commonly occurring blow fly species. As soon as the larvae were sprayed they immediately began to migrate from the test site and within 30 minutes were dead. Other tests on L. cuprina eggs resulted in a 100% kill. The product was
equally effective against adult flies and showed a 77% kill in 15 minutes rising to 100% within 30 minutes. Cypermethrin is a broad spectrum insecticide and is effective against other insects, π.χ. biting flies, fleas, mosquitoes, and ticks.
Residual action tests showed the product was 100% effective after 5 days. Extended field trials demonstrated that the residual action extended well beyond 2 weeks. The product is water soluble and should be re-applied if the animal has been washed or exposed to heavy rain.
These studies were carried out in accordance with the test requirements as specified by the EPA. All studies were subject to an independent GLP compliance audit.
Acute Oral Toxicity (rats) OPPTS 870.1100
10 Germicidal Wound Spray with Insecticide
2000 to 5000mg/kg — EPA Category III
Acute Dermal Toxicity (rats) OPPTS 870.1200
More than 5000mg/kg — Category IV
Dermal Irritation (guinea pigs) OPPTS 870.2500
Very slight erythema (grade 1) for a few hrs but reversible within 24 hrs — EPA Category IV
Acute Eye Irritation (rabbits) OPPTS 870.2400
After 24hrs contact the cornea and iris showed no reaction. The nictitating membranes were graded 1 after 1 hour and were reversible after 72hrs — EPA Category IV
Skin Sensitisation (guinea pigs) OPPTS 870.2600
No skin sensitization
Acute Inhalation Toxicity OPPTS 870.1300
More than 2mg/litre — Category IV
Repeat efficacy tests and chemical analysis confirm a shelf life of 2 years.
DOSAGE AND DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Use only as directed.
- Remove all organic material and clean the wound as necessary using an approved irrigating solution, F10 Antiseptic Solution.
- Spray to cover wound site, apply a maximum of 5 applications per animal with multiple wounds (1-2 sprays per wound).
- Repeat twice at 4-5 day intervals or as directed by a veterinarian.
The solution is water soluble and should be re-applied if the animal has been exposed to rain.
- Ingestion: DO NOT induce vomiting. Give milk or water to drink.
- Eye contact: Rinse eyes with water. Seek medical advice if necessary.
- Avoid breathing the spray mist.
- Do not mix with other chemicals.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Keep out of reach of children, uninformed persons and pets.
- Avoid contact with domestic cats.
- Flammable, keep away from naked flames when spraying.
- Cypermethrin is dangerous to fish or aquatic life. Do not contaminate aquaria, fish bowls, ponds or waterways with the insecticidal product.
Clear pale straw liquid with ethanol odour.
HPE bottles of varying sizes. 100ml and 500ml (has a trigger operated spray).
- Store in the original container in a cool well ventilated area. Do not store for prolonged periods in direct sunlight.
- Disposal of empty container and any remaining product in the household refuse.